Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Spy Kids 3D - Sh*t Reviews #1

I think I'm about to start a new series of bad movie reviews. Yeah, I like to review good movies, but there are times where you really have to watch bad movies and have fun reviewing them. So this can be considered as the first entry to the Bad Movies playlist. Let's begin with Spy Kids 3D: Game Over. 

 
PLOT: Carmen's caught in a virtual reality game designed by the Kids' new nemesis, the Toymaker. It's up to Juni to save his sister, and ultimately the world.
 
I'll be honest, I enjoyed this as a kid. It's been years since I've seen this, and just recently, one of my favorite shows on Youtube reintroduced this film as their new commentary track. Of course I bought the track for $1 and I saw the film again. Now seeing this film again at a time when I know what's good or bad, I still question myself why did I enjoy this as a kid?
 
My god. Everything about this was just bad. For its time (2003), it was something new and something innovated with 3D. This was when 3D wasn't a thing. Now we live in a time where 3D and 4K and 4D aromascope are the future of movies. Should this film had been released recently, it would've been worse. The acting, the CG, the story, blaahhh!! I'll admit, there was one sequence I did enjoy (the mega race scene), but other than that, I was watching nothing but cheesy clichés, dialogue, and cheesy writing. And the cameos this film offers is hysterical. Still, I enjoyed Sylvester Stallone's crazy anticlimactic character: The Toymaker. That was the only good thing about the film to say the least.

With its 3D gimmicks, bad acting, and cheesy storytelling, Spy Kids 3 was nothing compared to the first two. Watching it with the commentary track wasn't a total waste. I had much more fun laughing at it than with it.


Spy Kids 3D: Game Over - 4/10
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment